Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Guess What

I HAVE A JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, it is true. Yesterday I was doing my morning ritual searching Craigslist and everything else and on Craigslist I spotted a position with an after-school program, STAR Education, for a homework teacher. They were having a hiring-fair that day so I whipped up a cover letter, printed out my resume, threw on some interview clothes and headed off. They interviewed me right then and there. I thought it went well but I never can tell. Today after running some errands I came home to a message and called them right back and they offered me the job. Wooo-hooo! I start the hiring process tomorrow. It is just a part-time job, 1:30-6 Monday-Friday, $12/hour, but I think it is going to be a great fit for me. After I find out more of what the position entails I will let you know. Finally!!!

7 comments:

Shannon said...

Congrats! Knew you could do it.

WillandTara said...

Great Whit. Making some cash money now. Maybe you can afford to go to Disneyland with us in a couple weeks!

Will

CC said...

oh babe that is so great. you are going to feel so much happier having something rewarding to occupy your time.
love you.

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of you for sticking with it! I know it was tough. You'll be good for some kids who need your help. Those are good hours too. How far is it from home? How old are the kids? Good going! Love you both! Tom

Becky said...

Yahoo! All the kids will love you Whitney! You have always been very good with kids and are very positive with them! Tom and I both have inquiring minds ... can't wait for more details!

Thome Family said...

YAY!!!

Ash said...

Congrats Whit! Jobs are a good thing, esp now days:)