Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Winter Storms


This is in honor of Mom/Becky/Grammie. Last week we had six straight days of rain, wind, high surf, thunder and lightning...in essence a week full of some awesome storms. On Wednesday, probably the worst day, it rained close to two inches, and the surf was supposed to be between 15-20 feet. So, the weather obsessed person I am, I had to take a trip to the beach and check out these waves. The day before, the waves were so high they were crashing over the top of the pier. Fortunately, yet unfortunately for photo ops, they were not crashing over when I went. Still, I caught some good photos (at least for what my silly little 6 mega pixel could catch). The waves that day were a good 15 feet, and for our area that is huge. Needless to say it was pretty amazing to watch.


On Friday, the last day of the storm, Clara Belle and I went to the Harbor because that was where the highest waves were supposed to be and they were probably 15 or so feet. We lucked out and hit a break in the storm...it was raining when we arrived, sun came out and within 15 minutes of leaving it started to pour. Hope you guys enjoy!










4 comments:

Ross, Toby and Holden said...

Holy cow. That beach is really quite eaten away. I hope it grows back.

Anonymous said...

So awesome. Part of what i love about the ocean is that it scares me a little bit. So big and powerful while serene and calming at the same time.
Wish i could have been there to witness it with you!

Becky said...

I love, love, love the pictures! I wish I could have been there too. We could have gone storm tracking together like the days we did when Reno flooded!
I'm with Karly, the ocean is a bit scary, a natural wonder to respect!

Page said...

Hi everyone- I have finally decided to set my family blog to private- now that I am finally catching up, I don't want to loose touch with anyone. Please please send me an e mail with your e mail address so I can add you- send it to mrslaw4@hotmail.com Thanks! ( : Page PS make sure to check out my new political blog-linked to my family blog